The company has developed from its early concentration on general building services to the current much wider scope in domestic, commercial, civil and industrial construction, as well as industrial transport. The company has continued the family tradition with Duane at the helm with vital corporate inputs from Garry and Sue as well as Matthew and Duane's wife Alex and many other hard working family members in the engine room of the business.
The GE Hughes approach continues to be the provision of high quality construction services, driven by the 'one stop source' principle. The company is a closely related series of divisions which operate extremely flexibly in various configurations to provide a total 'holistic' service to clients, removing much of the risk, expense and time wasting involved in dealing with multiple entities. The concept of a company with a 'family' of client divisions, provides an insight into the culture of 'building on Tradition', which is key to the 40 years plus GE Hughes journey.
CC3 Accredited Steel Manufacturing Workshop
Company Accredited to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and AS/NZS 4801:2001
Davenport Synchronous Condenser - Consolidated Power Projects (CPP)
- All civil construction works
- Design, manufacture and construction of sheds
- Construction of Synchronous Condenser footings and associated buildings.
SA Water Zero Cost Energy Future (ZCEF) Solar farms - Enerven
- All site civil works including cable trenching, Stobie pole bases, footings and concreting for transformers and substations.
Valley of Praise Retirement Village, Lobethal.
- Design and construction of 68 2 and 3 bedroom units for local retirement village from earthworks through to final handover.
- Design and construction of Village Residents Centre including pool and spa, commercial kitchen.
- All associated civil works and in ground service installation.
New Temporary Cellar Door and Accommodation - Bird in Hand Winery.
- Design and construction of new cellar door and VIP accommodation units including all civil and cabinetry.
Excavators - Ranging from 1.8 t to 24 t.
Rollers - Ranging from 1.6 t to 14 t.
Loaders - Various sizes.
Graders - 12G & 14E
Water Trucks - 4000L to 13000L
Trenchers - 2x Vermeer T755 (450mm & 750mm bar)
Telehandlers - New Holland 3 & 4 t.
Skidsteers - New Holland & Caterpillar (various sizes)
Challenger Tractors - Caterpillar
Vacuum Trailer - Vermeer
Concrete Boom Pumps - 16 & 28m
Scissor Lifts - Genie (various electric and diesel)
Slewing Manitou - MRT2150
Fuel Truck - 4WD Service Truck
Auger Drives - Various sizes
Rock Breakers - Various sizes
Backhoe - New Holland
Tandem Tipper - Various (steel and aluminium body)
Material Spreader - Bredal 20t (forward facing 90o adjustable conveyor)
Boom Lift - Genie (Diesel)
Semi - Drop deck and flat bed trailer
Fleet of Scania tippers and trailers
2x Twin Steer Scania trucks with 5 axle trailers capable of delivering 47t per load.
○ Demolition. ○ Earthworks. ○ Asbestos Removal. ○ All Concreting Services. ○Roadworks. ○Bridgework. ○ Pipelaying. ○Water & Sewerage. ○Bricklaying. ○ Stonemasonry. ○Carpentry (1st and 2nd Fix). ○Cabinet Making (All Facets). ○ Steel Fabrication and Erection. ○Civil Construction. ○ Industrial Transport. ○ Domestic Home Repairs, Renovation and Construction. ○Commercial Repairs, Renovation and Construction. ○ Industrial Repairs, Renovation and Construction. ○ Shop Fit Outs. ○ All Turnkey Home Constructions. ○ Transport and Logistics.
Our competitive advantage lies with our diversity. We are a 'one stop shop' for all building and construction, where seeing a building through from the first bucket in the ground to dig the footings, to the floors being laid and the last door hung on its hinges will be done by a GE Hughes employee.
Running our business this way allows us to program works to flow smoothly, without having to rely on the schedules of other contractors to fit in with what we require. We also own all of our own plant and machinery, with an in house maintenance division to ensure they keep running smoothly every time we use them.
CC3 accredited Steel Manufacturing Workshop
Mechanical Repair Workshop